Why Do People Regain Weight?
There are many reasons why people regain weight. One of them is fad dieting, which usually only allows people to lose water weight. Once you stop fad dieting, you regain more weight than before you started. Natural weight loss methods are simple and effective only when performed the right way. Unfortunately, many people who lose weight end up gaining it all back because they don’t know how to maintain it properly. People often change their lifestyle and eating habits back to an unhealthy one. This is the worst-case scenario and it’s frustratingly common.
1. Restrictive diets: When you severely restrict your calorie intake, you slow down your metabolism. This causes your appetite-regulating hormones to shift, which contributes to weight regain.
2. Wrong mindset: When you want a quick fix for weight loss rather than a lifetime solution for a healthier lifestyle, you’ll be more likely to give up healthy ways to lose weight and regain the weight you lost.
3. Make sustainable changes: Most diets are restrictive and heavily rely on willpower to succeed. It’s best to incorporate healthy habits into your daily life. Restrictive diets focus on rules rather than lifestyle changes, which may demotivate you and prevent you from losing weight.
4. Weigh yourself regularly: Monitoring your weight on a regular basis by stepping onto the scale is helpful to keep a check on your weight. This practice will encourage weight control behaviors and make you aware of your weight loss progress. Those who weigh themselves regularly may eat fewer calories throughout the day to maintain weight.
5. Stick to your weight loss plan all week: One habit that often leads to weight gain is eating unhealthy on weekdays and trying to eat healthy on the weekends. People binge on junk foods, and if junk foods become a regular eating habit, you could gain back more weight than you lost in the first place.
6. Stay hydrated: Drinking water keeps you hydrated and flushes out toxins from your body. Drinking 8 ounces of water everyday keeps you healthy. Water helps to keep a check on your food intake as well. Drinking water regularly promotes fullness and boosts metabolism for weight loss.
7. Track your food intake: People regain weight because they don’t keep a track of their food intake. When you keep a track of your food intake it becomes easier for you to monitor what kind of food you’re consuming, whether those foods are healthy or not, and how many calories you’re consuming daily. Maintaining a food journal or using food tracking apps keeps you aware of your food portion sizes and how many calories you’re consuming.
8. Get enough sleep: It’s advised to sleep for 6-8 hours a night for to maintain a healthy weight. Sleep deprivation can interfere with weight loss. Inadequate sleep leads to higher levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin, which increases appetite and lowers levels of leptin, a hormone necessary to control appetite. Sleep deprivation also damages your metabolism, which can lead to weight gain.
9. Practice mindful eating: Mindful eating is when you’re aware of what you’re eating. It involves eating slowly, without any distractions, and chewing the food thoroughly. When you eat this way, you’re more likely to stop eating when you’re actually full. Mindful eating helps recognize fullness, which will help prevent weight gain.
10. Be consistent: Consistency is the key to keep weight off. Eating healthy foods and sticking to it consistently will help you maintain a healthy weight. Changes in your lifestyle and eating habits are vital. Once you adapt to a healthy lifestyle change, weight loss is effortless.
If you’re struggling to lose weight & want to lead a healthier lifestyle, contact New England Fat Loss today! New England Fat Loss is a metabolic weight loss center in MA that helps people lose weight without diet, exercise, or surgery. The certified wellness coaches at NEFL will help guide you with essential weight loss and health tips, including crucial information on how to keep weight off successfully.
Featured Blog Post
Food triggers are one of the hardest parts of getting to a healthy lifestyle that promotes a good weight loss environment.read more
Goals are important in every aspect of our lives. Fitness goals can help us achieve good relationships, excellent work habits, maintain stress levels and achieve good mental healthread more
While the nutritive value of juice is entirely valid, there is a hot debate in fitness circles that remains; which is better for weight loss, whole fruit or juice?read more