Now that the B’s have clinched a playoff spot, put down your razor and pick up the cause because the Bruins
Beard-A-Thon presented by New England Fat Loss is back! This playoff season, grow one for Boston
and help raise money for the Boston Bruins Foundation.
Fundraisers will have the chance to win tickets to upcoming playoff games, autographed items and much more! To kick things off,
all participants who register by the start of the playoffs will be entered to win great prizes leading up to the first game.
The earlier you sign up, the more chance you have to win!
2018 Beard-A-Thon Official Rules
1. General: By participating in this contest, sponsored by the Boston Professional Hockey Association, Inc. (“the Sponsor”), the participant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Contest begins on MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2018 at 5:00PM. and ends AT PUCK DROP OF FIRST ROUND, GAME 2 OF 2018 STANLEY CUP® PLAYOFFS. All times in this contest refer to Eastern Time. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are at its sole discretion and are binding and final. Failure to comply with these rules will result in disqualification from this contest.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 13 years of age or older as of. A winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must be 18 years of age or older as of MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2018. Employees of Sponsor and Delaware North Companies, Inc.-Boston (“DNCB”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of each of the foregoing are not eligible to win a prize, but may participate.
3. How to Enter: No Purchase Necessary. To enter, go to BostonBruins.com/BeardAThon to sign up to participate in the Boston Bruins 2017 Beard-A-Thon. Individuals who sign up to participate will automatically be entered to receive a prize each day of the Playoffs. To enter to win without setting up a Beard-A-Thon profile or raising $10 with a Beard-A-Thon, mail a 3×5 postcard with your name, age, address, phone number and email address to Boston Bruins, 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114. Limit one (1) per person. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, invalid, late, or illegible entries, which will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. There Will Be One Contest Period: During the contest period, one (1) winner will be selected, determined by randomly selecting from participants who have raised $50 or more dollars. The first contest period starts on MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2018 at 5:00PM. and ends AT PUCK DROP OF FIRST ROUND, GAME 2 OF 2018 STANLEY CUP® PLAYOFFS. All donations must be properly submitted online by the end of the applicable contest period to be included in the determination of a winner. Contest periods for subsequent rounds of the playoffs, if any, will be posted on the web-site at Bostonbruins.com. Winners will be notified by phone or email.
Winners must be 13 years of age by MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2018. If a winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must be 18 years of age or older as of MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2018. Winners will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release upon picking up the prize. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited. The determination of winners by the Sponsor are at its sole discretion and are binding and final.
5. Prize: The prize for the contest period will be an autographed Brad Marchand puck. In the event the game is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute or award an alternative prize of approximate value with no further obligation to the winner. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and there are no date or seat substitutions. Transfer of any prize is prohibited. All taxes and all other expenses, costs or fees, including parking and transportation, associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The estimated value of a given prize is $300. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes for subsequent rounds of the playoffs, if any, will be posted on the web-site at bostonbruins.com.
6. Disclaimer: By accepting the prize, the winner assumes all liability for any personal injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by, arising out of or in connection with his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and hereby releases, indemnifies and holds harmless the Sponsor, DNCB, the NHL, NHL member clubs and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any and all such liability. None of the Sponsor, DNCB and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents and employees of any of the foregoing, are responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
7. Internet: If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the contest, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. The Sponsor, DNCB and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents and employees of any of the foregoing (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries, (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in these contest. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Boston, Massachusetts, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Massachusetts law, without reference to Massachusetts’ choice of law rules, governs the contest and all aspects related thereto.
9. Winner Announcement: For the name of the winner, available after June 30, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 30, 2018 to: Beard-A-Thon, 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114.